Want to get hands-on with nature and have fun getting messy? Grab some recycled materials and grow an indoor herb garden or take it outdoors.
- An apron
- Large bag/bucket of clean compost
- Gardening tools
- Window box
- 4 or 5 fresh herbs from the garden or potted from the supermarket
- Watering can.
- Start by covering your kitchen table with old newspaper.
- Pierce holes in the bottom of the window box to help drain water. Fill with fresh compost and trowel through for good air flow.
- Once half full, choose some herbs and plant. Each box should have about 5 plants like basil, mint, chives, coriander, parsley etc.
- Choose a spot outside with plenty of sunlight, water your outdoor herb garden and enjoy.
For fun garden container ideas, get creative and paint or decorate the plant box as you like. Empty the tray now and again. Remember to place your indoor herb garden in natural sunlight.
Thanks to Kirstie Allsopp for bringing you these fun gardening ideas.