You’ll need an adult to help you with this activity as you’ll need to use flame.
- First, head outside and find some pencil-sized willow twigs and build a small fire.
- Then take an old can or a pan with a lid and pierce two holes in the sides.
- Peel the willow twigs and cut it to fit into your tin.
- Put a lid on it, then put it into the fire.
- After two minutes, you’ll start to see smoke come out the holes.
- When the smoke stops, remove the tin from the fire and leave it to cool before opening. Inside, you’ll find all natural elder-twig charcoal pencils.
- Now you can get started on some fun things to draw and create your masterpiece charcoal drawing on paper, bark or stone.