We have lots of comfy things in our homes, like sofas, cushions and beds. But animals need things to sit and lie on too! This calls for a little den building.
So how to build a den with some wild furniture?
Use your imagination. What could you make for an animal using just leaves and twigs?
- A sleeping bag for a millipede?
- A chair for a water vole?
- Or, how about an umbrella to protect an owl from the rain?
All you need are some leaves and some thin but strong twigs
- To stitch your leaves together, overlap the leaves and use your thumbnails to make a hole through both layers.
- Now make a second hole near the first one where the leaves are still overlapping.
- Push your twig down through the first hole and up through the second.
- Your leaves are now stitched together, and you can start making your creature comforts!
Thanks to the RSPB for this activity.