A trip outdoors is always magical. There’s no limit to what amazing things you can find.
- On your next trip, collect a variety of leaves
- Hold a leaf by its stem and using a paint brush and water based paints, paint on one side only
- Then lay the leaf (paint side down) on a sheet of paper. Cover the leaf with a sheet of old newspaper and gently rub, then remove the newspaper and leaf to reveal the leaf print!
Using different leaves will create an interesting collage of leaf prints.
- If you prefer to stencil, then select a few leaves and place them on a sheet of paper, making sure you leave some gaps.
- Then dip an old toothbrush into paint and hold the brush over the leaves and rub your thumb over the bristles so that the paint splatters over the leaves.
- Keep adding more paint and rubbing until the paper and leaves are covered with dots!
- Carefully remove the leaves to reveal your masterpiece.