Painted rocks are so much fun and super easy too!
Head out in nature...
- to your garden,
- a park,
- a wood
- or best of all a beach
...and hunt for a special rock
- What makes it unusual?
- Does it have an odd shape?
- Is it super-shiny or rough and jagged?
Draw on your imagination for some rock painting ideas
Decorate it using poster paints.
If it looks a bit like an animal, you can make a rock pet. Paint tiger stripes, leopard spots, ladybird spots – whatever you like!
Here are some other fun ideas:
- Paint eyes on two round rocks and carry them around with you to turn things into animals.
- Collect a few similar-shaped stones and paint them different colours to make a stone rainbow.
- Paint as many different shades of one colour as you can and make a colour trail.
- Take a picture, share it with your friends and start a rock zoo!
Thanks to The Wild Network for this easy rock painting activity.