Did it just snow? Perfect! Time to head outdoors. Grab your coat, pull on your wellies and follow these...
11 easy steps on how to make a snowman
(and have fun doing it)
- Find a flat area to build your snowman – under a shaded tree will help him last longer.
- Make a medium sized snowball by gathering and packing together snow from the ground.
- Roll the snowball along the ground, gathering more snow until it’s about a foot high.
- Place on the flat area and pack extra snow around the base to secure it.
- For the body and head, repeat the previous steps to create medium and smaller sized balls.
- Stack these snowballs onto the first one.
- Flatten the tops and bottoms so that they sit securely on top of one other.
- Pack some snow in-between the snowballs, to prevent your snowman from falling apart.
- Give your snowman a personality - scrounge around for two similar length twigs for his arms, a carrot for his nose, pebbles for his eyes and mouth (dig into the snow to give him a big smile).
- And because its cold, dress him warmly with an old hat, a scarf and some sunglasses.
- Finally, snap a few pics of your snowman and head off for more fun playing in the snow.