Super simple and great fun, these easy Christmas kids crafts will have you decking the halls with something better than holly this year.
- Wooden lolly sticks
- Pipe cleaners
- Coloured paper, and other craft materials for decorations
Always cover surfaces with old newspaper and have an adult around to supervise.
Christmas tree decoration:
- Glue three green wooden lolly sticks together with PVA or super glue to form a triangle.
- Cut a piece of string and tie around the top of the tree to form a loop to hang.
- Wrap a pipe cleaner around the triangle diagonally as the tinsel on your tree.
- Add sequins for baubles and cut a star out of coloured paper to glue to the top.
- Cut a tree trunk out of some brown paper and glue to the bottom of the triangle – and you’re done!
A gift decoration:
- Glue four wooden lolly sticks together to create a square.
- Cut and tie a piece of string to create a loop for your decoration to hang from.
- Cut a pipe cleaner into two equal lengths and stick one horizontally across the middle of the square and the other vertically.
- Tie a bow with ribbon and glue to the top of the present.
- Paint three lolly sticks white. Once dry, stick the lolly sticks on top of each other to form a snowflake shape.
- Create a loop to hang your decoration up with and tie this around the middle of your snowflake or stick to one of the points.
- To finish, decorate with sequins, glitter, and stars.