Light up Guy Fawkes Night with these crafts and other fun activities for kids. But don’t just keep the fun to yourself – get your parents involved too!
Host a quiz
- Learn some facts about Guy Fawkes and create your own quiz – then challenge your friends and parents.
Bonfire night baking
- Whip up some firework treats – dunk the end of a chocolate finger biscuit into melted white chocolate, dip into colourful sprinkles and make a fun (and tasty!) edible firework.
- Or top chocolate cupcakes with orange icing and place chocolate sticks onto the icing to form a pyramid shape.
Enjoy outdoors while watching the fireworks.
Who wants to be a ‘bonfire night safety inspector’? It’s a great role with great responsibility – like learning and sharing about firework safety –not keeping fireworks in pockets and keeping pets safely indoors. Click here for a simple guide on firework safety that you can share.
Think out the box with these kids crafts:
- Poster: Get creative with crayons, chalks, pens, or paints and find fun things to draw like firework scenes in a night sky.
- DIY safe sparkler: Make your own pretend ‘sparklers’ with tin foil, glue, glitter, sequins or sparkly stick-on gems from a craft shop. Rip the foil into long strips, glue them together about one third of the way up, and allow the longer lengths to cascade down – a bit droopy flowers.
- Glue to the tips of the foil, sprinkle with glitter, sequins, or gems for a dazzling finish and enjoy!