Christmas is the most magical time of the year – and you can make it more magical with this awesome kids craft - a handmade pop-up Christmas card! It’s fun and so easy to do.
- 2 pieces of A4 card
- Craft materials (paints, pens, glitter, felt pieces, buttons etc.)
- Always have an adult around to help with cutting.
- Fold the piece of card down the middle to create a birthday or Christmas card template. It’s easier if you fold the card upwards, rather than outwards like a book.
- Using scissors, make four matching pairs of cuts inwards from the folded edge.
- Don’t cut any further than halfway down the card.
- Open the folded piece of card that you’ve just cut, and gently push the cut pieces forwards to create 3D ‘step’ inside the card. They should collapse as the card is closed.
- Glue decorations on the front of each step, not to the top. Don’t make them too chunky or the card won’t close!
- Take a second piece of card and glue it to the outside of the card to cover the holes you’ve made. Then work your magic by decorating the front and you’re done!