Move over Thor, Captain America, Batman and Superman! Dad’s the real superhero with mega powers (like making mega messes in minutes). So why not make him feel extra special with this homemade Father’s Day card. It’s a fun activity for you too.
Start by thinking about his hobbies? Then make your card based on that. For science-loving dads, try a card with a robot, space, or gadget theme. For adventurous dads, use an outdoor motif like trees or mountains. And if he’s into Superheroes’, make him this Superhero card with a window.
- Thick paper or card stock, a pic of dad (front-facing)
- Colouring pens; pencils, or crayons; scissors and glue.
- Fold a sheet of paper in half from left to right.
- On the front, draw an outline of a superhero, cape and a face roughly the same size as your dad’s head in the photograph.
- Cut out the face of the super hero from the middle of the card to create an oval window. Always have an adult around to help with sharp objects.
- Position the picture of your Dad inside the card, so that his face shows through the window.
- Glue the pic in place at the corners.
- Now colour in and decorate the front of the card.
- Write a message like ‘My Super Dad’ or ‘My Hero’.
- Open the card and draw a decorative frame around the picture. Your superhero will love it!