Thinking of someone? Make them feel extra special with a beautiful handmade card to celebrate the New Year. It’s a fun way to let your imagination run wild! These two designs are super easy and can be made with basic materials.
- Coloured paper
- Coloured card
- Coloured pens
- Fold a piece of coloured card in half.
- Select a piece of paper in a contrasting colour or pattern.
- Draw the numbers of the year on the front of the paper (or backwards on the back to avoid pen marks).
- Cut out the numbers and glue them onto the front of the card.
- Choose a coloured pen in a complementary colour to outline the numbers.
- Decorate with glitter, stickers, or sequins. This will get messy, but mess is always part of the fun!
STARRY NIGHT IDEA
- Blue or black card
- Glitter pens
- Star stickers
- Silver or gold pen
- Fold the blue or black card in half
- Write ‘Happy New Year’ on the front of the card with silver or gold pen
- Using glitter pens, draw swirls and spider-like shapes to resemble fireworks
- Add a few star stickers to create a dazzling night’s sky.