Remember being too excited to sleep as a child the night before your birthday party? Smells of homemade food drifting up the stairs; your party clothes all laid out ready for the morning?
Children’s party games add even more excitement to a child’s special day. That’s why we’ve scoured the globe to find the world’s best party games.
We can’t guarantee they’ll be mess free, but you’ll definitely have a lot of fun playing them – and the children will learn something, too!
Water Balloon Games: Eggs and Balloons
Eggs & Balloons is a popular Indian game that your kids will love. It’s often played outside using water balloons on a really hot summer’s day to help everyone cool off, or raw eggs work just as well if the kids want to get really messy!
You Will Need:
- Raw eggs or water balloons (or rolled socks work well indoors).
- Plenty of space – clear all the furniture to the side of the room if you’re playing indoors.
How to Play This Children’s Party Game:
- Ask the children to pair up and stand facing each other, then take a step back. Hand out raw eggs or balloons, one per pair.
- To make the game even more exciting you could add food colouring or coloured powder into the water in the balloons.
- Tell the pairs that they’ll need to really concentrate on what they’re doing to make sure they throw and catch the eggs or balloons properly so they don’t end up splattering on the floor.
- Each time they catch the egg or balloon they will need to take a step back to really test their accuracy. Keep going until someone drops their catch!
In India this water balloon game is usually played in teams, but putting the children into pairs will encourage them to work even harder on three really important skills – courage (confronting the fear of losing), concentration (when to throw and when to get ready to catch), and accuracy (determining the speed of the throw or softness of the catch.
Stain removal tip: Don’t worry about stains from children’s party games – egg white should just come out with cold salt water and rinsing, if not, dry the garment, then soak and wash with Persil. if the fabric is suitable. Remember to check all labels before cleaning the stain away! For more help with stain removal click here.
Don't forget to check out our other fun party games for kids!