Magic is all around us. But how does it work?
Learn in no time with this vanishing coin trick.
- 2 sheets of paper - same colour
- A handkerchief
- A clear glass
- A coin
- A pencil
- Turn the glass upside down on top of one of the sheets of paper and trace the rim.
- Get an adult to help you cut out the circle.
- Next, using only a little glue, seal the circle onto the mouth of the glass.
- Once dry, you’re ready to begin.
The circle is glued to the bottom of the glass so that when the trick is performed, the glass can be placed over the coin, hiding it without being seen.
Armed with your secret, it’s time to trick your audience.
- First, place the second piece of paper on a table and put the glass upside down in the middle, with the coin next to it.
- Then announce dramatically that you will make the coin disappear.
- Cover the glass with the handkerchief and move it over the coin (the handkerchief hides the paper covering the coin).
- Then pull off the handkerchief, and ta-da! The coin will ‘disappear’.
- Take a bow and then make it reappear by covering the glass again and moving it away.
- Voilà! You’re now a magician extraordinaire!