Love experimenting to see how things work? Then you’ll love these science experiments. You’ll need:
- Shaving foam
- Coloured baking sprinkles
- Plastic bottles with lids
- A muffin tray
- Food colourings
- Bicarbonate of soda
- A medium-sized bowl
- Mud and grass
Now, for some fun science experiments:
- Put down some newspaper. Things will get messy and that’s all part of the fun!
- Let’s start with the shaving foam and sprinkles experiment. Squirt shaving foam into the muffin tray. Add coloured sprinkles over the top and watch how the colours mix as the sprinkles dissolve into the foam.
- Now let’s learn about mixing different colours – mix two separate food colours with some water in two plastic bottles. Which one’s your favourite? The brighter or the paler one?
- Ever heard of ‘fizzy muffins? Fill each cup of the muffin tray with vinegar. Then put a drop of each food colouring into a different cup. Add a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda into each cup and watch the colours fizz!
- For more magic and wizardry, go outside. Using spoons, bowls, water and loads of imagination, concoct your very own brown or green potion.