Summer holidays are perfect for a good camp-out. But how about one without your parents?
Now that’s exciting! But let’s keep the adventure close to home (just in case your parents get a little scared).
To camp-out in your back garden,...
- A waterproof tent and groundsheet (it may be summer, but Mother Nature is unpredictable.
- A warm sleeping bag.
- Another tent for exploring the garden at night.
- A waterproof jacket and a pair of boots (bad weather is not going to ruin this adventure).
- Torches with new batteries (ask your parents for one that you can hang in the tent like a lantern – a well-lit base camp is a good one).
- A small barbecue (every adventurer needs to cook their own dinner).
- Make sure to ask your parents to help you light of the fire
Some cool stuff to do:
- Star gazing to find new worlds, far, far away.
- Imagining you’re a pioneer on a treasure hunt.
There are so many amazing things just waiting to be discovered when you camp outdoors.