Happy kids are kids that spend more time outdoors. And who wouldn’t want to when there’s so much to explore!
A scavenger hunt is perfect for active kids like you!
- A prize (that’s the parents' task)
- A container for your scavenger items
- A stopwatch on a phone so you’ll know when your time is up
- An empty matchbox for those special little finds
- A scavenger list to tick off as you go.
- Head down to the nearest park or woods. Once you’re there, look on the ground for things that fell out of a tree.
- What about things that make a noise when you shake them? Find any? There are so many types of leaves on the ground. You’ll hear them scrunch, crackle or squish as you step on them.
- How many different types of leaves can you collect?
- Are they crinkly or soft and mushy?
- Look even closer and you may discover little creatures crawling about too.
And don’t worry about the mud, getting dirty is all part of the fun!