Touch and Tell
- Fill a large bag with different objects that you and your child find on a nature walk
- Tell your child to close her eyes and reach into the bag, feel the object, and name it
- Can your child tell you more about it? Where it comes from? Does it have a purpose?
Nosing Out and About: What can you Smell?
Put these items in a box and have your child smell each one as you hold it near his nose with his eyes closed:
- Can he or she name each one?
- Can he or she tell you a fact about each?
Here are some ideas for items to put in the box: Cinnamon stick, garlic clove, coffee grounds, ginger, pine needles, garden mulch, a dab of perfume on a piece of cotton, mustard, peanut butter, dill, lavender, and any other items you can think of.