Nature is fascinating! There’s so much to explore especially with this great activity. It’s a safe and fun way to catch those little bugs and animals in your garden.
- First, dig a hole deep enough for a steep sided container. You can use any size carton – a clean yoghurt carton would be perfect.
- Push your carton into the hole so that the top of the carton is level with the ground/soil.
- Next, sprinkle a little soil around the carton and place some stones on top.
- Then, rest a piece of wood or an old tray on top of the stones to keep the rain and sun out but let the bugs in.
- Check your trap often and write what you catch.
- Don’t forget to safely release all the worms and crawlies afterwards.