Create your own bird feeding station or a bird feeder, easily.
- Grab a few good-sized pine cones from the ground, but make sure they've opened up.
- Take them inside and then start mixing together some lard or other solid vegetable fat with some bird seed.
- After a while you'll have a gooey mixture the birds will love.
- Now start filling all the gaps in the pine cone with the mixture.
- Once you've finished, leave them to dry before tying some string around the tops and hanging them outside.
Your local birds will love their new tasty snack!
Thanks to The Wild Network for this activity.