Here's an activity that's best done on a clear, sunny evening.
Find somewhere comfortable to sit and watch the sun start to set
- How do the colours around you change as the sky gets darker?
- How long does it take to get dark after sunset?
- Is it a pink sunset?
- A red sunset?
Describe the sunset colours
- Which colours are in the sky the longest?
- Which ones fade quickly?
Look for things you couldn't see during the day
- Start counting stars as they appear in the sky.
- When do you start to lose count?
Then do the same again a week later
How was it different to the first sunset?