Only one thing’s better than chocolate – and that’s chocolate cake! With so many fun activities for kids, this one’s a piece of cake! Why? You’ll spend quality time with family having messy fun while you learn.
It’s super simple and easy to make too. And the best part is enjoying that rich, gooey chocolatey goodness together.
So, gather your ingredients and let’s get baking:
- 150g self-raising flour
- 50g cocoa
- 200g caster or brown sugar
- 80g butter
- 125ml milk
- 2 eggs
For the icing:
- Melt 125g unsalted butter, 1 heaped TBSP golden syrup and 1 TBSP dark muscovado sugar together.
- Stir in 250g 75-80% chopped dark chocolate.
- Cake decorations (optional).
You’ll need adult supervision for this activity.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a cake tin with butter.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and beat together with a mixer.
- Pour the mixture into a cake tin and bake for 40 minutes – keep an eye on it, and check if it’s done by inserting a toothpick or skewer into the cake. If it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Cool before icing and decorate with choc buttons, chips or silver icing balls.
Enjoy your delicious chocolatey creation!
Check out Cleanipedia's article on how to get your kids involved in helping to clean up the kitchen.