Persil The Scaredy Snake Comment to Win Promotion
1. This promotion is open to residents of the UK and ROI aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To enter, entrants must visit Instagram.com/persilUK and comment on The Scaredy Snake promotion post made 2 July 2020 with their favourite character from The Scaredy Snake movie. For the entry to be valid, entrants must follow @PersilUK on Instagram.
3. The opening date for entries is 5:00PM BST on 2 July 2020 and the closing date for receipt of entries is 11:59PM BST on 7 July 2020.
4. The promotion is limited to one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize.
5. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
6. Each entry:
a. must be suitable for display and publication online and should not be obscene or indecent (including but not limited to nudity, pornography or profanity), it must not contain defamatory statements or words or symbols that are offensive either generally or to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group. It must not include threats to any person, place, business or group, it must not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity, and it must not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations or network standards;
b. must not contain or refer to any products other than those of Persil and it must not contain or reference any third party trade marks or logos (other than those of [Unilever / Persil] unless such inclusion is merely incidental and is not unduly prominent and as long as it is included with due cause and in such a way that it does not take unfair advantage of any third party trade marks; and
c. must be the entrant’s own work and must not contain any copyright protected works (other than as owned by the entrant).
7. Entries received in connection with this promotion may be reviewed by the Promoter or a third party moderator after they have been placed online to confirm they comply with these terms and conditions. If any such entries are or could reasonably be construed as being unlawful or contrary to these terms and conditions, we may remove them from Instagram immediately. The Promoter reserves the right to delete or remove any published entries from @PersilUK Instagram at any time without prior notice to entrants.
8. If you submit an entry that includes material the rights in which are owned by a third party, including intellectual property rights such as copyright and trade marks, you will be responsible for any legal action that party may take against you.
9. Entrants shall indemnify and hold the Promoter and their respective affiliates, directors, agents, or other partners ("the Indemnitees") harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings, costs (including reasonable legal fees) and expenses brought or asserted by a third party against any of the Indemnitees arising as a result of the Promoter's use of the entrant's submission including but not limited to any breach of third party intellectual property rights.
10. By participating in this promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold us harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this promotion (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
11. By submitting your entry, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, and make derivative works of your entry in any media and through any media channel.
12. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
13. There are three prizes to be won, each consisting of a 1 year subscription to National Geographic Kids and a 6 month supply of Persil in the form of capsules (3 x 50 washes) or liquid (5 x 34 washes).
14. The first three entries drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date will be awarded a prize. In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Promoter is final. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
15. The winners will be notified by Instagram Direct Message from @PersilUK within 28 days of the closing date. The winners must claim their prize by responding to the direct message confirming their full name and address within 14 days of the notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with the promotion rules.
16. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Entrants are providing information to the Promoter and not to Instagram. Entrants release Instagram for all claims and liabilities arising in respect of the promotion.
17. By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Data Controller for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented. All entry instructions form part of the rules.
18. As concerns UK residents, these terms and conditions and any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Entrants hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues. As concerns Republic of Ireland residents, these terms and conditions shall be governed by Irish law and the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Promoter and Data Controller: Unilever UK Limited, Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7GR and Unilever Ireland Limited, 20 Riverwalk, National Digital Park, Citywest, Dublin 24 (please do not send entries to this address).