Efficient, easy to use and great value for money – washing powder has stood the test of time for good reason. We know it’s tough on stains, but how can we make sure we’re getting the best out of our washing powder?
Dosing is the key – getting just the right amount can do wonders for your wash. Knowing how much washing powder to use is easy with Persil’s free dosing scoop: simply measure out one scoop for a normal load of washing. Remember that if you have hard water, you will need to use extra detergent. This is because mineral-rich hard water doesn’t lather up as easily, so it needs more detergent to give it that extra push. Very dirty laundry, like a muddy football kit, will need extra laundry powder too, to make sure any stains are tackled. Always check the product label instructions if you are unsure about what dose to use.
Persil washing powders are available in bio and non-bio varieties, so make sure you choose the best washing powder for your needs. Bio contains enzymes, which mean that it is extra tough on stains, while non-bio is gentle on sensitive skin.
To get the best out of Persil washing powder, we recommend:
- For pre-washing, add an extra 100ml of laundry powder.
- For handwashing, mix 100ml per 10 litres (one bowlful) of water.
- When handwashing, ensure that the powder has dissolved completely.
- For heavily soiled washes, use more washing powder up to a maximum of 400ml.
- To request a dosing device please click here.
- Always check garment care tags and follow washing instructions.
- Put Persil washing powders in the washing machine detergent dispenser drawer.
- Do not overload your washing machine.
- Do not wash flame resistant fabrics in hot water i.e. above 50°C.
- For best protection of coloured articles, use Persil Colour.
- Do not use this product on silk or wool. For these fabrics we recommend Persil Silk & Wool.
- Do not soak non-colourfast or flame resistant fabrics, leather or garments with metal fasteners.
- If you have any doubt about the colour-fastness of new coloured articles, hand-wash quickly and separately using an appropriate product.
- These instructions do not apply to any specific handwash powder product.
Follow these tips to get the best out of your washing powder with every wash.