Persil tablets are a simple cure for dirty washing. Like all washing machine tablets, they are pre-measured, so there’s no need for mesh or measuring scoops. Getting the right dose every time is easier than ever, and that means great results!
Tablets for washing machines are very easy to use. Simply unwrap the correct number of tablets, according to the dosing table below and pop them straight into the washing machine drawer. For most normal washes, two tablets is enough to deliver brilliant results. The advanced concentrated formula of the tablets means they look small, but their cleaning power packs a punch!
As you can see from the tables above, it’s important to remember that the water hardness in yourhome affects the amount of detergent that you should use. Detergent lathers less easily in mineral-rich hard water, so more detergent is required to achieve the desired clean.
So how can you tell if you’re living in a hard water area? You are likely to have hard water if you have noticed that soaps and shampoos to do not lather easily, if white limescale deposits form around your taps and drains, and if fabric feels stiff, rather than fluffy, after you have washed it. The good news is that you usually don’t need a special laundry detergent for hard water – just a slightly higher dosage.
More detergent is also required to wash clothes that are more heavily soiled, like muddy sports kits.
How to get the best results from your laundry tablets
- Place the laundry tablets directly into the washing machine detergent drawer.
- If you are unable to use the drawer, place tablets at the back of the drum before adding the laundry.
- Always wash clothes according to the washing instructions on the garment care tag.
- For best results when washing at low temperatures, use a non-delicate wash cycle.
- Higher wash temperatures are recommended for best results on very dirty clothes.
- Do not overload your washing machine.
- Do not wash flame-resistant fabrics in hot water i.e. above 50°C.
- Pre-sort your washing into whites, light colours and dark colours to avoid colour run.
- Avoid using washing machine tablets with a pre-wash, for hand washing or for soaking.
- If you have any doubt about the colour-fastness of new coloured articles, handwash quickly and separately, using a detergent designed for handwashing.
Following these steps will help you get the very best out of your Persil laundry tablets every time.