Laundry detergent capsules are an innovative product on the market. They’ve helped transform the way we do laundry. With the help of a single capsule ,doing the laundry can be more efficient and convenient than ever. Capsules give you all the benefits of a liquid detergent in one handy little package. There’s no need for measuring out detergent, meaning there’s no mess and minimal fuss – so they’re perfect if you’re short for time.
The Different Types of Washing Capsules
you can find an extensive range of bio and non-bio laundry detergents online and in-store, including specialised tablets, liquids, washing powders, and action capsules. We recommend the complete range of Persil laundry products, with built-in cleaning powers for all your laundry needs! Our new Powercaps range in particular is great if you're looking for an all-round great detergent. Whether you go for Bio, Non-Bio or Colour, all have our new Triple Action formula for stain removal, clothing care and freshness.
Whatever Persil capsule type you choose, our range of laundry capsules offers the same efficient results as liquids and powders but with greater convenience – everything you need for stain removal in just one compact dose.
How Are Bio and Non-Bio Capsules Different?
The main difference between bio and non-bio detergents is that non-bio detergents do not contain enzymes, so can be beneficial for families with sensitive skin. Enzymes are very effective at helping to remove stains, and also work at lower temperatures (30-50°C). If you tend to wash at lower temperatures and your kids are always picking up stubborn stains on their clothes, Persil Bio Capsules are perfect for your family.
If you're looking for a gentler detergent, for example, to wash baby clothes, then a detergent like Persil Powercaps Non-Bio capsules are ideal. For tough stains you may need to wash at slightly higher temperatures or use a pre-treatment – but because these capsules dissolve faster than other capsules on the market, they also leave less residue on clothes.
The Lowdown on Washing Capsules: How to Use Them
Whether you’re using Persil Bio Capsules, Persil Non-Bio Capsules, or Persil Colour Capsules, and no matter which range you're using, here’s what you need to know:
- Dry your hands before use. It’s necessary to dry your hands before using laundry capsules. If your hands are not dry while handling one, the capsule will get damaged since it is designed to dissolve in contact with any liquid.
- Use one capsule per a load & place it at the back of the drum before putting in your laundry – this will give it the chance to dissolve properly. Capsules do not need to be cut or torn open as they are designed to dissolve in water.
- Do not overload the washing machine. If there are too many items in your machine, the capsule may not be able to distribute its contents evenly due to insufficient space. Overfilling your washing machine will not allow your laundry to be washed properly. Remember to leave about 10 centimetres between the top of the drum and your laundry.
- Make sure you check the product’s guidelines. Some laundry capsules need a washing temperature above 30 degrees in order to activate properly.
How to Remove Detergent Residue from Clothes
If you notice any residue from the laundry capsule on your garments after the cycle has ended, don’t panic! There is a solution. Here’s how to remove detergent residue:
- Rinse immediately with warm water if you notice residue. The capsules need water, enough room in the drum, and agitation in order to dissolve properly. The residue can easily be removed by rinsing it with water, or by putting it back in the washing machine and repeating the cycle.
Top Tip! Do not place the item in the tumble dryer if you notice residue from the laundry capsule on any items of clothing. If the residue is not rinsed out of the fabric before drying, it could cause permanent staining.
How to Store Washing Capsules
- Close / seal the lid properly: After each use, close or seal the container completely and put the laundry detergent capsules back in their appropriate storage location straight away.
- Store on a high shelf / locked cupboard: Capsules are safe when used as outlined on the product package, but you should remember to store them in a safe place before and after use, and always keep them out of the reach of children. Storing caps safely ensures you keep your little one safe, too.