If you are concerned about your skin or a member of your family has sensitive skin you may prefer to opt for a gentle combination of a laundry detergent and fabric conditioner specially developed for sensitive skin. Persil Non-Bio small & mighty together with Comfort Pure provides a caring combination for delicate skin.
Which detergent for sensitive skin?
The best laundry detergent for sensitive skin is one that’s gentle on fabrics and skin, like Persil Non-Bio. Persil Non-Bio small & mighty is specifically formulated for sensitive skin. It is dermatologically tested, and for extra reassurance its skin care research is recognised by the British Skin Foundation.
All Persil Non-Bio products are proud carriers of the British Skin Foundation stamp of approval, so if you’re looking for a washing powder, washing capsules, or a washing liquid for sensitive skin, then the Persil Non-Bio range has a product for you. Read more about why Persil Non-Bio is a suitable laundry detergent for sensitive skin.
Laundry tips for sensitive skin
- Rinsing clothes thoroughly of laundry detergent is important if you have sensitive skin. Some machines use reduced amounts of water in the rinse cycle to save energy so an additional rinse cycle may help reduce the risk of skin irritation from detergent residue.
- Soft, natural fabrics are better for skin, as they allow it to breathe. By using a fabric softener, such as Comfort Pure, fabrics will continue to be soft wash after wash. It’s hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested making it perfect for those with sensitive skin. Read our article on how to use fabric softener for handy tips.
- Anyone can have sensitive skin, but babies will have especially delicate skin. Their skin won’t have had as much time to adapt to the world around them, like ours, so is much more sensitive and at risk of irritation. Always wash baby clothes with a detergent designed for sensitive skin, like Persil Non-Bio and don’t forget some Comfort Pure, too, to make sure baby clothes are extra soft.
- When you have sensitive skin it’s a good idea to wash new clothes before wearing them. New clothes may have chemicals on them from the production process or they may have picked up irritants in store or during transportation. Reduce the risk of irritation to sensitive skin by washing new clothes with Persil Non-Bio small & mighty before wear. Washing clothes before first wear is especially important for baby clothes.
- No laundry detergents can be guaranteed suitable for people with serious skin conditions, so careful usage is important. Please read washing instructions carefully, and if you suffer from unusually sensitive skin please contact your doctor.
Tips for sensitive skin: bathing and showering
- Try not to spend too long in the shower or bath (no more than 20 minutes soaking in the bath).
- Don’t bathe in water that is too hot, as it can dry the skin out.
- Instead of soap, consider using a mild cleanser, like Dove cream bar.
- Try not to over stimulate the skin with excessive massage, rubbing or exfoliation.
- Dry your skin by patting it with a soft towel.
- Moisturise with a product like Vaseline Intensive Rescue Moisture Locking Lotion for very dry skin.
- Choose cosmetics, lotions and detergents that are labelled ‘dermatologically tested’ and ‘hypoallergenic’.
For more advice on choosing the best laundry detergent for your family, check out our article on Bio vs. Non-Bio.