Is it a T-Rex? A Triceratops? Or a Diplodocus? With imagination and this easy guide, you could make your favourite dinosaur!
This is the perfect kids craft every dino-loving kid will enjoy making on a rainy day.
- White glue
- A basin
- A cereal bowl
- Two toilet rolls
- Thick cardboard
- Masking tape
- A paintbrush
- Googly eyes
Always get an adult to supervise when you’re cutting and for younger kids, adults should do the cutting activities themselves.
- Blow up the balloon (body), but don’t overinflate it.
- In a bowl, make paper mache by mixing glue with water then rip the paper into inch-thick strips.
- Dip into glue, layer over the balloon and place on a cereal bowl to dry overnight.
- When dry, pop the balloon, leaving just the hollow shell.
- Next, cut out a comb-shaped piece of cardboard, attach it to one end of the body and layer it with paper mache. Leave it to dry.
- Cut the two toilet rolls in half width-wise for the legs. Tape in place with masking tape before you paper mache them to the model. Leave to dry.
- Cut out a cardboard tail and three front horns. Paper mache these to the model and leave it to dry.
- Finally, paint your stomping dinosaur, add googly eyes and have fun playing.