Recycle, save and have fun with this great kids craft project. Making a paper mache piggy bank is easy and with its bright colours and patterns, they’ll look awesome in kids’ rooms. It teaches kids how to save too.
- Lots of newspaper or tissue paper
- PVA glue
- Poster paints
- Egg cartons
- Thick art brushes
- Loads of imagination
- Blow up your balloon to the size you want
- Tear paper into 2cm x 10cm strips, stick onto balloon by mixing glue and water (half and half). Rest balloon on a mug while working
- After 3-4 layers, place balloon in warm area to dry and harden. This will be the body of your pig
- Add legs and a nose by cutting out individual egg holders from an egg carton and glue them onto the body
- Attach a curled piece of pipe cleaner for a tail
- Paint and decorate your papier-mâché animal as you like. Once dry, coat with a thick layer of glue and leave to harden into a varnish like finish. Have an adult cut a money slot at the top
You’re ready to save!