Spending time with family is fun especially when everyone works together to create something awesome…like this easy stained glass kids craft made from tissue paper. It’s all about the workings - co-operation, cutting out shapes and glue painting.
When done, your stained glass art can be hung in a window on a sunny day.
- A plastic bag
- Sticky tape
- PVA glue
- A bowl
- Tissue paper in two or three of your favourite colours
- A paintbrush
- Cut a large square (approx. 30cm by 25cm) from your plastic bag and tape down the four corners to the table.
- Cut tissue paper into small squares.
- Thin down glue with water and mix in a bowl.
- Paint glue over the plastic bag and cover squares randomly or in a pattern with different colours.
- While the layer is is still wet, paint over the tissue paper with glue.
- Overlap the tissue paper leaving no gaps and make sure all the paper is covered with glue for a nice shiny finish.
- Dry it overnight.
- Peel it off of the plastic bag and draw an outline of the object you like - a leaf, butterfly, a boat, a star, or a flower.
- Cut out your shape put your art on display in a sunny window.