Image by Dani Vazquez
Children love the mystery of magic. With these easy card tricks, they can become like their favourite wizard or magician and create their very own magic! Once your little one has mastered these card tricks for kids, watch how their face lights up as they amaze their audience.
Magic Tricks for Kids
Magic doesn’t have to be difficult – once they know the secret behind one illusion, your little ones are bound to be able to master other simple magic tricks in no time.
Below, they can learn how to do two easy card tricks to wow their friends and family – they’ll have so much fun putting on their own show! You can find other simple magic tricks for kids that they can add to their showcase here.
How to Do the Colour Card Trick
Sorting the cards by colour is the secret behind this trick.
- Separate the cards into black and red. Remember which colour you put on top. Do this before you start your performance, so that the audience doesn’t see.
- Fan out the top few cards and ask a member of your audience to pick a card from the top. Tell them to memorise their card.
- Then, fan out the bottom of the deck to allow them to put their card back in.
- Split the deck somewhere in the middle, and place the bottom half on the top to “shuffle” the cards. It doesn’t matter if the split isn’t exactly in the middle.
- To then magically find the card that was chosen, look through the deck. The colour of the one you want should be the only red card mixed in between the black cards, or vice versa.
- Pull out the card and announce, “Is this your card?” Your audience will be amazed with your brilliant mind reading skills!
Looking for more easy card tricks for kids? Keep on scrolling!